Council contracted Sydney Civil to establish a new bike track and landscape in Sydney Park (located next to the car park on Sydney Park Road, opposite Mitchell Road). The goal was to create an exciting track full of twists, turns and challenges to help riders of all abilities learn safe cycling skills, as there was nowhere else in the area for children to do this.
What works were done?
- Footpath construction, including challenges like hills, curves and bridges
- ‘Stop and go’ signals and a bike pump
- Tunnels, a ‘refuelling station’ and a front shop
- Barbeque facilities and picnic areas
- General landscaping, including trees and shrubbery around the track
- Road, kerb and gutter construction
- Light pole installation
Works completed by Sydney Civil also involved the shade structure next to the Sydney Park Cycling Centre being relocated. Since it’s launch, the Children’s Cycle Path has become a favourite gathering place for the local community and attracts many who are learning to ride their bikes for the first time.
Read more about this project on the City of Sydney Council website.