Your privacy is important to us
Sydney Civil has developed this policy for you to understand how we collect, hold, use, communicate, disclose and make use of personal information as a result of your use of our website.
The information on this site is intended for general reference only. All content is the property of Sydney Civil and should not be reproduced, copied, or tampered with. The Sydney Civil logo is a company trademark and, as such, it should not be downloaded or copied.
Although we check and attempt to maintain the accuracy of information presented in this website, the general nature of the information and the variability of the subject matter means that information is not complete. The passage of time may, on occasions, lead to information becoming outdated. Accordingly, no warranty is given as to the completeness or accuracy of the information presented and we ask that you acknowledge this situation and accept the above conditions.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sydney Civil undertakes to collect personal information about you in a fair and lawful way. We may collect personal information:
- Directly from you;
- From other entities who provide services to Sydney Civil;
- Other persons acting on your behalf; and
- Publicly available sources of information.
Personal information that may be collected includes:
- Personal details, such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone numbers, age and gender;
- Human resource information relating to employees including contractors and subcontractors;
- Applications for employment, including information relating to personal skills, work history, experience and details of performance, education, qualifications and skills, professional memberships, hobbies and affiliations;
- Details of referees and personal references; and
- Answers to questions asked to assist Sydney Civil to conduct business, including as part of the employment process.
Use of Personal Information
Sydney Civil uses personal information generally to:
- Notify you of updates and offers;
- Enable Sydney Civil to deliver services or information to individuals or to an organisation;
- Maintain or establish a business relationship, including a customer, supplier, contractor, subcontractor or employee;
- Enable Sydney Civil to assist to provide services; or to improve, and better understand preferences in respect of our services; and provide you with a personalised website experience.
Situations in which Sydney Civil may collect personal information include:
- Recruitment and engagement of employees, including contractors and subcontractors;
- When receiving services from third party suppliers, including contractors and subcontractors;
- When providing services to clients; and
- When visitors to Sydney Civil’s website provide their personal information, such as name and email address.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not and will not sell or deal in Personal Data or any customer information.
We may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Also, we may use your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of www.sydneycivil.com, our customers or third parties.
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Protecting your personal information is important to us.
We safeguard your privacy and the security of your personal information by taking steps to protect the information we hold about you, from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse.
In the event there is a breach of our security and your Personal Data is compromised, we will promptly notify you in compliance with the applicable law.
When personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF INFORMATION
Sydney Civil stores personal information at its own premises and with the assistance of its service provider.
Sydney Civil will only keep personal information it needs for the purposes for which it was collected. Once an individual’s information is no longer required by Sydney Civil, reasonable steps are taken to destroy or de-identify it.
WEBSITE USAGE INFORMATION AND COOKIES
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Sydney Civil’s website may provide hyperlinks to websites owned and controlled by others. Sydney Civil is not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites. By accessing or using Sydney Civil’s website, an individual consents to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as described in this Policy, as amended from time to time.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can generally access the personal information that we hold about you. You may request access to the information we hold about you, or request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about you, by setting out your request in writing and sending it to us at [email protected].
Sydney Civil will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
COMPLAINTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
If you wish to contact us regarding how we have handled your personal information, please provide administration with full details of your complaint, and any supporting documentation, by either:
email at: [email protected]; or
Sydney Civil Pty Ltd
5 Henderson Street
NSW 2205 AUSTRALIA.
Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to:
- Provide an initial response to your query or complaint within 10 business days, and
- Investigate and attempt to resolve your query or complaint within 30 business days or such longer period as is necessary and notified to you by our Administration Officer.