A major commuting link for bike riders, the route between the Anzac Bridge and the Union Street cycleway is one of the busiest in the city (playing host to more than 1500 bike trips every weekday). Sydney Civil was contracted to build a new cycleway on Miller and Saunders Streets to protect current and new riders from traffic.
What works were done?
- 2-way separated cycleway (along the northern sides of Saunders and Miller Streets)
- Three new paved intersections (at Saunders Street and Quarry Master Drive, Miller and Jones Streets, and Miller and Mount Streets)
- New pedestrian crossing (near Miller Lane)
- Consolidation of two bus stops (on the north side of Miller Street)
- Continuous footpath treatments
- New street lighting and garden beds
Read more about this project on the City of Sydney Council website.