Sydney Civil was asked by City of Sydney Council to make some improvements to Missenden Road (between Parramatta Road and King Street) to create more space for pedestrians. The new and improved streetscape would also provide safer connections to the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse and University of Sydney, as well as the retail and entertainment precinct on King Street.
What works were done?
- All paved areas, concrete pavement and concrete pavers
- Extensions to the existing footpaths
- Signalled traffic intersections (at Carillon Avenue and Salisbury Road)
- Road resurfacing and line marking, including bike lanes
- Brand-new garden beds
- Improved street furniture, including new bins, seating, bus shelters and water bubblers
The works have resulted in Missenden Road becoming a far more enjoyable and safe space for pedestrians, vehicular traffic and cyclists alike.
Read more about this project on the City of Sydney Council website.