In order to maintain safety for pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles in the area, Sydney Civil was contracted by Council to perform necessary cycleway works in Kent Street (between Liverpool and Druitt Streets) in Sydney’s CBD. These improvements would also improve the reliability of street lighting and enhance visibility for road users.
What works were done?
- 2-way separated asphalt cycleway
- Granite paving and line marking
- Stone kerb and gutter installation, as well as new drainage
- Smart pole and traffic signal installation
- New landscaping to integrate the cycleway into the streetscape
Sydney Civil took steps to minimise the impact on local residents and business owners whilst work was being undertaken by maintaining access where possible and sticking to strict working hours.